Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OneWildWind
Level 7

Unable to change resolution - Black Screen on RCA TV

So I was able to get to the point of setting up the resolution. After I selected it the screen is black and I can't view anything. Per the the help info it says it'll go back after 15 seconds. Hasn't happened. Unplugged everything multiple times and the only thing that happens is the ROKU logo comes up and then disappears and I'm back to the black screen. Very frustrated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 15

Re: Unable to change resolution - Black Screen on RCA TV

Just a guess, but you must have accidentally hit the OK after selecting the wrong resolution. You could try connecting it to a different TV and see if the selected resolution works on that particular TV. 

You didn't mention the Roku model you have, nor the model number of the TV, so I can't look up what resolutions the TV supports. There was a user I worked with last week that had an older TV that did not accept a 1080p nor 720p HDMI signal, which is the only two resolutions most Roku players support. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos