Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uk_in_tfe
Level 7

Re: Unable to Login - unable to Activate - no help from Support

Hmm, I'm having a problem locating anyone who uses a different ISP to me, but if I do I'l try it.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

To summarize a private discussion, you were able to log in to a different Roku account. Perhaps RokuShawnS can use this information to help determine the cause. Yes, there are still a lot of unknowns, but the fact that a login is possible from your location rules out some networking/computer-related issues.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
maddingz
Level 7

Was this issue resolved last month for this user?

I'm basically having exactly the same issue. I'm trying to set up my new TLC roku TV. When I tried to go to roku.com/link, I was able to enter the code, and then when I attempted to create a Roku account, the website told me there was already an account under that email. Assuming I'd created an account years ago maybe when testing a roommate's Roku or something, I tried to login with an old password, and when that didn't work, I rest my password - in theory successfully. But then when I tried to log in with my fresh password, the website said my email and password didn't match (exactly same error message as here). I tried to reset my password like 6 times. Then I cleared all my cookies from the past 24 hours, as suggested here and on another ticket with the same issue, from last Dec (https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 38#p596338). That didn't help, still an endless loop of resetting password and then not being able to log in with it. Then I tried on my phone, disconnected from my wifi, using 3g. Still the same runaround. This is driving me bananas!
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 11

"maddingz" wrote:
Was this issue resolved last month for this user?

I'm basically having exactly the same issue. I'm trying to set up my new TLC roku TV. When I tried to go to roku.com/link, I was able to enter the code, and then when I attempted to create a Roku account, the website told me there was already an account under that email. Assuming I'd created an account years ago maybe when testing a roommate's Roku or something, I tried to login with an old password, and when that didn't work, I rest my password - in theory successfully. But then when I tried to log in with my fresh password, the website said my email and password didn't match (exactly same error message as here). I tried to reset my password like 6 times. Then I cleared all my cookies from the past 24 hours, as suggested here and on another ticket with the same issue, from last Dec (https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 38#p596338). That didn't help, still an endless loop of resetting password and then not being able to log in with it. Then I tried on my phone, disconnected from my wifi, using 3g. Still the same runaround. This is driving me bananas!

Got another email address you can use to set up a new separate account?
Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi connected - Samsung UN55ES6100
Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi connected - JVC EM37T
0 Kudos