Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UltraRokooUser
Channel Surfer

Ultra w/ Arc TV & Soundbar

Jump to solution

Can I use an HDMI splitter to send my Roku Ultra (4660, 4661, 4662 series) signal to the Arc port on my Soundbar and TV simultaneously or do I need a TV w/ multiple Arc inputs?

Or am I confused about the right way to make the most of all 3 device’s video and audio capabilities (4K, Doby Atmos, etc)?

Thank you in advance for your comments.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Ultra w/ Arc TV & Soundbar

Jump to solution

There is no reason for the roku ultra be plugged into an arc input, no audio can or needs to go back to the ultra. Unlike a soundbar, which needs to be attached to an arc input, so you can hear the audio from the roku ultra which is attached to your tv by regular hdmi input. Hdmi-arc is for two-way traffic of signals, your Ultra is only one-way. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

There is no reason for the roku ultra be plugged into an arc input, no audio can or needs to go back to the ultra. Unlike a soundbar, which needs to be attached to an arc input, so you can hear the audio from the roku ultra which is attached to your tv by regular hdmi input. Hdmi-arc is for two-way traffic of signals, your Ultra is only one-way. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
UltraRokooUser
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you, and that’s what I thought until my picture quality noticeably improved after I plugged the Roku into my TV’s arc port instead of its regular HDMI. This is on a 2019 Sony Bravia and the model is in the $2k range, so I thought this was odd.

0 Kudos