Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Ultra System Reset Adds Extra Apps

When I do a system reset on my Roku Ultra a bunch of apps that I didn't have installed before show up. How do I set up the Roku so only the apps I had installed before are reinstalled?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Ultra System Reset Adds Extra Apps

@frankybaby3001 wrote:

When I do a system reset on my Roku Ultra a bunch of apps that I didn't have installed before show up. How do I set up the Roku so only the apps I had installed before are reinstalled?

Roku always installs some channels, regardless if they're already on your account. My guess is they have some agreement (i.e. they've been paid) to install Netflix and some others. Other than those, all your previous channels still should be installed automatically when you link your device back to the account. You'll just have to take a few moments to remove the ones that were added that you don't want. But there's no way to tell it to only install channels that are listed on your account.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos