Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gregm1010
Level 7

Two Roku boxes

Jump to solution

I have an older Roku that is working fine. I want to get another box for the bedroom. Can I use the second box on the same account?  Can I be signed in on both at the same time?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: Two Roku boxes

Jump to solution

Sure, in bedroom I have roku tv, Roku soundbar, and Roku Ultra all on the same account. Your newer roku might have access to newer channels that won't appear omn your older roku. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Yes, you can connect multiple Roku units to a single Roku account.  Your channels are attached to your account, not to your device, so the new Roku should automatically install all your current channels.  Add/delete from one, you add/delete from all.  Any channel's that require a log in will need to be logged in on the new unit.

You may find some newer channels that won't install on your older unit because it doesn't have the power to run them.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

4 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Jump to solution

Sure, in bedroom I have roku tv, Roku soundbar, and Roku Ultra all on the same account. Your newer roku might have access to newer channels that won't appear omn your older roku. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Yes, you can connect multiple Roku units to a single Roku account.  Your channels are attached to your account, not to your device, so the new Roku should automatically install all your current channels.  Add/delete from one, you add/delete from all.  Any channel's that require a log in will need to be logged in on the new unit.

You may find some newer channels that won't install on your older unit because it doesn't have the power to run them.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

gregm1010
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks.

0 Kudos
gregm1010
Level 7