Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Two Roku boxes, two TVs, same WiFi network

I already have a Roku box on the primary TV in my home.  I want to put a second Roku box on a different TV that is in my exercise room.  They would be on the same WiFi home network.  Assuming I have the bandwidth, is this going to work.  I would have both Roku boxes registered to my one Roku account.  Thanks for any advice.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Two Roku boxes, two TVs, same WiFi network

Yes, no problem. Many of us have that same setup. I'm currently using three.

Your channels are tied to your ACCOUNT, not the individual unit, so once the new unit is registered to your account, it will have all the same channels as your current unit. If you delete a channel from one, you delete from all.

Channel LOGINS, though, log the individual unit in, so you'll have to repeat any logins on the new unit.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Two Roku boxes, two TVs, same WiFi network

Got it!  Many thanks!  I was hoping that was the case but wanted to be sure before I bought another Roku.

0 Kudos