Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rosebud99
Level 7

Tv screen going blank after wireless connection

I have the Roku express, it stopped working today, did the soft/hard reset, rebooted router, changed charging and hdmi cables. Nothing. Went and bought a Roku streaming stick, exactly the same problem, screen just goes blank after wireless connection. Existing Roku on another TV has no problems. Help!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
brooksjo
Level 7

Re: Tv screen going blank after wireless connection

Quote:
Rosebud99:

I have the Roku express, it stopped working today, did the soft/hard reset, rebooted router, changed charging and hdmi cables. Nothing. Went and bought a Roku streaming stick, exactly the same problem, screen just goes blank after wireless connection. Existing Roku  on another TV has no problems. Help!

Hi,

Have you tried to reset it a couple of times by holding down the button for 30 seconds, while powering the unit on at the same time? My 2016 Ultra didn't work with the volume controls on the TV. I'm thinking to buy Roku Ultra 2017 now. Looks promising.
0 Kudos