Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kmariee
Reel Rookie

Tv Not Turning on but red light is flashing

So last night my tv turned on fine and was working then after a few mins it just went off and I couldn’t turn it back on with remote, remote app and by the tv itself. It showing the red light on bottom going on and off and nothing. I’ve tried unplugging it for a while and still nothing.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Tv Not Turning on but red light is flashing

@Kmariee 

Usually the red blinking light means some sort of internal hardware issue.  Normally have to contact the manufacturer of the RokuTV if under warranty or a TV repairman (service center) if not under warranty.

You can try a couple of things first.

1. Unplug TV.  Press and hold the manual power button for 1 minute.  Then plug back in and see if restarts.

2. With TV plugged in, press and hold the Reset button for 30+ seconds. (The button may be a pin hole button labeled reset - look near USB port or on back of RokuTV).

If neither of the above works, then your RokuTV is probably in need of service.

(https://community.roku.com/t5/Discussions/Contacting-Support-for-your-Roku-TV/m-p/698233#M19611)

-----

If your TV is not a RokuTV, but just a regular TV, you may be in luck and maybe just needs a lamp replacement.  Normally a red light means some sort of service is required.  (Not always, but usually).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Kmariee
Reel Rookie

Thank you I’ll try those methods 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Check the room for remote in cushion or under a book? Sounds like IR interference. Take the batteries out of all remotes, re-introduce each one until you find the culprit. 

Edmund

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
NimirT23

Did those methods work for you?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @NimirT23

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern? With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Kmariee
Reel Rookie

So I tried all the other suggestions others mentioned but none of them work. It’s still doing that on and off flashing. Won’t turn on with or without the remote. Tried to reset it and nothing changed. It’s been a couple weeks maybe a month or so and it was working fine I turned it on one night and watch tv for a couple of mins before it just switched off and wouldn’t turn back on just the red flashing light.

0 Kudos
renojim

@Kmariee, did you contact the manufacturer of the TV?  Roku doesn't make the TVs.

Where can I get support for my Roku TV™? | Official Roku Support

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos