Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rlasorsa
Reel Rookie

Trying to set Roku in Marriott Hotel

Hello, 

Trying to set up a Roku Streaming Stick + to an LG Television in a Marriott TownePlace Suites Hotel. HDMI 1 seems to connect but does not go past the Roku set up page. We get a error message when trying to go past this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Trying to set Roku in Marriott Hotel

Hello @rlasorsa

I hope you're doing well.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about the issue you're running into and the error message you're receiving? 

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

In order to connect a computer or mobile device to this hotel's wifi, is this one where you first have to log into a hotel webpage?  If so, This establishes your connection for that device.

The Roku has no web browser to use to establish the Roku's web connection.  In order to log the Roku into the net's web page, you log in via your computer/phone/tablet as usual but you run it through the Roku instead of directly.

You do this by connecting your computer or mobile device to the Roku via a wifi-direct connection. When you then log into the system's web page while connecting through the Roku it establishes the Roku's connection.

This Roku page explains the process: https://support.roku.com/article/215058118

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
rlasorsa
Reel Rookie

Ok

how do I connect my Roku stick to my phone or laptop.

also, we just went out and purchased a Roku TV to use in the hotel. Having the same exact problem with the tv. I click Marriott Bonvoy and the screen says “ Error Code 003 Unable to update software”

thanks!A978A277-7B94-424A-AE4F-00DA8312C637.jpeg

0 Kudos
renojim

@rlasorsa, you need to answer @makaiguy 's question:

"In order to connect a computer or mobile device to this hotel's wifi, is this one where you first have to log into a hotel webpage?"

It's difficult if not impossible to set up a new Roku device in a hotel.  If the answer to his question is "Yes", then you'll have to use your phone or another device as a hotspot and connect the Roku device to that to get through the initial setup and even if it isn't you should try it anyway.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

@rlasorsa wrote:

how do I connect my Roku stick to my phone or laptop.

I already gave you a link to a page that explains the hotel/dorm login process in detail.  https://support.roku.com/article/215058118

One of the things it tells you is that you can only do this if the Roku device or Roku TV has already been set up and linked to your Roku account.  I don't know about your Roku stick but a newly purchased Roku TV would not yet be linked to your account.

If you need to link to your account before using the hotel/dorm connection process you should be able to set this up by connecting your Roku to the wifi hotspot on a cell phone, if the phone has this capability. 

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos