Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Trying to hookup Roku Express to an older Sony TV

Trying to hookup Roku Express to an older Sony TV that works fine. It has one HDMI port but no INPUT selector button on the remote. It does have a digital/analog selector button. The only message I get is "no digital signals found, switch to analog". Can anyone help with this problem? Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Trying to hookup Roku Express to an older Sony TV

You're not going to get that command from roku remote, sorry. I suggest getting One-For-All urc-7935 streamer remote, works great with roku, and is programmed for tv's as well. It has a Tv input key.P1010420 (800x600).jpg

They go for about $25 at walmart, but there are plenty of open box deals on this remote on ebay, like the following:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/One-For-All-Universal-Remote-Streaming-Control-3-Device-Stream-Box-Roku-App...

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Post the model number of the TV.  Does your TV remote have a "Home" button?  If so, press that and go down to "External inputs".  Also, if you have a symbol on the remote that looks like an arrow pointing into a square, press that button.

input.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Sorry for the delay. The Sony model number is KDL-32S2010. No HOME button or Home icon button.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks for the suggestion. Not sure another remote will solve the problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

The manual says the remote has a TV/Video button.  Did you try that?

0 Kudos