Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Tried to update to a new account, now Roku won’t work

Jump to solution

My mom gave me her Roku. I tried to log her out so I could log in as myself. Now my Roku won’t work. My iPad won’t recognize the device. I was using the iPad as my remote prior to attempting to make the switch. 

The Roku device light won’t turn on. I tried resetting the device and my router. The light won’t turn on. The router works. 

it’s an older version. One of the small square versions. I don’t have a remote. 

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Tried to update to a new account, now Roku won’t work

Jump to solution

I don’t have a remote. I was using my iPad as a remote, but it stopped working and couldn’t be paired with the Roku after I logged out.

i ended up ordering a new Roku and remote. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I suddenly am not able to connect to any of my roku devices via the roku app on 3 different mobile devices. I think there is an issue with the roku app right now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Rebooting my Router looks to have fixed it for me. I saw another post that was similar and they tried that and it worked. I gave it a go and it also resolved it for me. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@RachelZ 

If you need to log out of the Roku account on the Roku device, you will need to try to perform a factory reset on the device.

For more information about performing a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please be aware that in order to set the device back up, you will need a remote. What Roku model device do you have? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I don’t have a remote. I was using my iPad as a remote, but it stopped working and couldn’t be paired with the Roku after I logged out.

i ended up ordering a new Roku and remote. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos