Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RachelZ
Level 7

Tried to update to a new account, now Roku won’t work

Jump to solution

My mom gave me her Roku. I tried to log her out so I could log in as myself. Now my Roku won’t work. My iPad won’t recognize the device. I was using the iPad as my remote prior to attempting to make the switch. 

The Roku device light won’t turn on. I tried resetting the device and my router. The light won’t turn on. The router works. 

it’s an older version. One of the small square versions. I don’t have a remote. 

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RachelZ
Level 7

Re: Tried to update to a new account, now Roku won’t work

Jump to solution

I don’t have a remote. I was using my iPad as a remote, but it stopped working and couldn’t be paired with the Roku after I logged out.

i ended up ordering a new Roku and remote. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
techrevmarrell
Level 7

Jump to solution

I suddenly am not able to connect to any of my roku devices via the roku app on 3 different mobile devices. I think there is an issue with the roku app right now.

0 Kudos
techrevmarrell
Level 7

Jump to solution

Rebooting my Router looks to have fixed it for me. I saw another post that was similar and they tried that and it worked. I gave it a go and it also resolved it for me. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@RachelZ 

If you need to log out of the Roku account on the Roku device, you will need to try to perform a factory reset on the device.

For more information about performing a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please be aware that in order to set the device back up, you will need a remote. What Roku model device do you have? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RachelZ
Level 7

Jump to solution

I don’t have a remote. I was using my iPad as a remote, but it stopped working and couldn’t be paired with the Roku after I logged out.

i ended up ordering a new Roku and remote. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Buba1
Level 8

Jump to solution

I crushed both of my old Apple TVs because Apple decided to make them not work so they could sell newer units to Americans.  Now it may be that Roku is doing the same thing?

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Buba1 wrote:

I crushed both of my old Apple TVs because Apple decided to make them not work so they could sell newer units to Americans.  Now it may be that Roku is doing the same thing?

Roku devices from prior to 2013 aren't supported. So, it depends on how old that Roku device is, and more importantly, which device model number it is.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
dad2ddra
Level 7

Jump to solution

Awesome, most people wouldn't consider doing something like this, so I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. Thank you

0 Kudos
Pown3178
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am trying to activate my TV I gave you my email is [personal information] Put my password in completed everything can you send me the stream about buying all these movies and cables I denied and I lost everything I’m just trying to start the TV to make sure it works so can you help me look at my email you see all my information is in there so whatever you Gotta do when you’re in a place of yet button so I can see some TV I worry about buying all that other stuff later thank you

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @dad2ddra @Pown3178

Thanks for the posts.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

0 Kudos