Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bluesky17
Reel Rookie

Traveling Roku Streaming Stick +

Traveling with Roku Streaming Stick +.  Can’t set up on rental home tv.  Called Roku support and was told had to pay $49 account update to use Stick while traveling. Nothing mentioned about additional fees in manual or Roku website.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

Re: Traveling Roku Streaming Stick +

You likely were not speaking with Roku support. I travel with my Roku device all the time and never have any issues.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

That was a scam site trying to trick you into paying for support they really can't provide. 

When you connect to a hotel wireless connection, it looks for Internet access, and if it can't connect it activates something called hotel/dorm connection. In your rental home, I'm assuming there's no such restriction on the WiFi access.

So, let's start from the beginning here. Exactly what were you trying to do, and what errors are you seeing? Does it see your WiFi at all? Has the Roku Stick already completed the initial setup, or is it fresh out of the box?

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Bluesky17
Reel Rookie

On the road again.  Traveling Roku worked perfect.  Wifi selection came up and was able to connect.  Last time traveling Wifi selection never came up, couldn't get started.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos