Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PietroPietro
Level 8

Toggling Between Roku and Cable TV/Set-Top Box

Jump to solution

Hello,

So I have a Roku (Streaming Stick+) connected to my new LG TV through an HDMI port. I get my cable via Verizon Fios. If I want to switch from my cable TV (Fios) to Roku I just turn on Roku from the Roku remote. But if I want to go back to cable TV (Fios) I cannot do this or at least I do not know how to do it! I cannot "go back" or hit an "Off" button on the Roku remote that then defaults back to cable TV. The only way I can do it is to pick up the LG TV remote (not the Verizon cable box remote) and laboriously switch between HDMI inpiuts by pressing various buttons. Seems awfully convoluted just to go from Roku BACK to cable TV. Any ideas? Thanks?

Pietro

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: Toggling Between Roku and Cable TV/Set-Top Box

Jump to solution

The roku remote does it business, it helps you switch to the hdmi the roku is plugged into, and it controls the roku. Why doesn't the cable box remote get blamed for not switching to the hdmi the cable box is using? You expect the roku remote to do that as well? Most cable box remotes have tv controls, yours may not have been set up right? 

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Jump to solution

The roku remote does it business, it helps you switch to the hdmi the roku is plugged into, and it controls the roku. Why doesn't the cable box remote get blamed for not switching to the hdmi the cable box is using? You expect the roku remote to do that as well? Most cable box remotes have tv controls, yours may not have been set up right? 

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
PietroPietro
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi Tivoburkee,

I was not trying to assign blame or criticize anyone. I was just trying to see if there was a solution as to how to exit Roku to my cable box simply and quickly. It sounds like that is not the case. The Verizon remote cannot do it as far as I can tell. Everything else works on the remote so I think it has been set up correctly, unless someone knows otherwise. Appreciate your input.

Pietro

0 Kudos