Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Timo59
Channel Surfer

To Buy Roku.tv or not to buy.

I already have an account with ROKU. But when my nephew gets on his tv, my will go off. I have the $29.99 set, and decided to go with ROKU-TV, but I already am paying for ESPN+, and BRITBOX. Will these transfer over to my ROKU-TV, or do I have to delete them from my old system, and redo them on my ROKU-TV???

THANKS

Timo59   

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: To Buy Roku.tv or not to buy.

Your channel choices are attached to your Roku account and installed to your Roku.  Any additional Roku you add, Roku TV or separate device, and link to that same Roku account will get all the same channels. On the new Roku you may have to log into some channels that require logging into a channel account.

Edited to add:

But what I don't understand is "But when my nephew gets on his tv, my will go off".  I have 3 Rokus linked to my Roku account and connected via my home network and I have no problem operating all 3 at once.

Some individual channels, though, have limits on how many simultaneous streams they will support on a single subscription.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Timo59
Channel Surfer

I Just watched 1 hour and 45 min., soccer game on ESPN+, the first half was ok, the second half I got nocked off about 10 times. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @Timo59

We're here to help!

For clarification, did your Roku returned to the home screen while watching the soccer game? Does it only happen on ESPN+ or across other channels installed on your device? Any error messages showing up?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Timo59
Channel Surfer

It does it on ESPN and TUBItv.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@Timo59

Thanks for the reply.

If your Roku goes back to the home screen without any error message, removing the channel then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.

• Note: If you are removing a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before you see the Remove channel option. For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about removing a channel.

2. Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > Power > System restart > Restart.

3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

• Note: If you are adding a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you will need to resubscribe.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos