Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mexine

The continuing saga of “no signal”

We have a Roku Express purchased at a Walmart in Mexico. Regrettably, that was in 2019, so any warranty has elapsed. Trying now to install it to a tv down here that had synced previously to an earlier Roku model yet all I get is a “no signal” response. I’ve swapped out the hdmi cable; plugged the device into a wall socket instead of the tv; tried every possible option…all I get from the device is an initial blue light for 5 seconds or so, followed by a blinking blue light, and then nothing. Am I missing something or is it likely I have a defective product?

1 REPLY 1
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: The continuing saga of “no signal”

@mexine 

It may have gone bad.

No signal can mean the HDMI cable is bad, it can mean the HDMI input on the TV is bad, it could mean the power supply is bad (weak, since you get a light). There could be other issues, including the device itself is bad.

A Roku Express from 2019 should still have plenty of good life in it. If you have an easy return policy at a local store, trying a new device may resolve it. If it does, then you could troubleshoot further to determine which aspect of the system is bad. If it doesn't resolve it, it's likely the TV or the wall socket.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."