Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dthiele1

Re: The activation link in my email will not work what van i do to activate my new tv

Jump to solution

My roku stick does not have a "resend" button. Entering the email again after pressing * does not work either. Question: can I have more than one roku stick using the same email account?

0 Kudos
Boz
Roku Guru

Re: The activation link in my email will not work what van i do to activate my new tv

Jump to solution

Yes.  I don't know if there's a limit, but I currently have 9 Roku devices registered, using the same Roku account / email address.

You could try factory resetting your Roku if you can't find another way to get the Roku to resend.

0 Kudos
qbrenneke
Channel Surfer

Re: The activation link in my email will not work. What can i do to activate my new TV?

Jump to solution

I have tried activating my device several times. Sometimes I actually get the activation email, but when I click “activate my device,” my Roku device already gives me a message that says “we can’t reach you by email.” And I go through the steps that the activation link prompts, but nothing on my screen changes. It keeps saying “we can’t reach you by email.”

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: The activation link in my email will not work. What can i do to activate my new TV?

Jump to solution

Hi @qbrenneke,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're running into. If this issue is not resolved with activating your Roku device, please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device?

Once we have this information, I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
qbrenneke
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

You want me to post my serial number on a public forum???

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

A serial number doesn’t contain any personal information. Just like the VIN number on your car

0 Kudos
qbrenneke
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

You want me to just go ahead and post my car VIN number, too?

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Sure. there is nothing personal in your VIN number. There is nothing personal in a serial number on a Roku. Every device has a serial number on it. The number is there when you buy it. It contains no personal information about you so there is nothing to worry about. Mary F is a Roku employee. 

0 Kudos
qbrenneke
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

What’s your Roku’s serial number?

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Of which device? I own 6 Roku’s actually. My TCL Roku TV is X01200P148. What do you think is in a serial number? How can there be any personal information in a serial number? Hey serial number contains the manufacturing date of when the product was made. The serial number is put on by the manufacturer. The serial number is not attached to you in any shape or form. Do you wear a tinfoil hat? You asked for help and a Roku employee is trying to help you. If you don’t want help then why ask

0 Kudos