Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Troy19792020
Level 7

Telstra Link Code

Jump to solution

I’m trying to link my Telstra TV to my Roku account. It’s asking for a link code, but I don’t know where to find that. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Link Code

Jump to solution

@Troy19792020 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about how to link your Telstra TV to your Roku account, we would recommend reaching out to your device provider.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Troy19792020 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about how to link your Telstra TV to your Roku account, we would recommend reaching out to your device provider.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Jump to solution

You only get a link code on initial setup or after a factory reset.  Isn't that TV a "Roku-like" device but not a true Roku?  I don't think you'll be able to link it to a Roku account, but it would take a factory reset to find out.

0 Kudos
julie509
Level 7

Jump to solution

those responses are not really helpful.  I want to activate my new roku stick. Where do i find the link code? if it is supposed to shot on the device that I have next to the TV it's not there. Can someone be helpful with some info pls?

renojim
Level 21

Jump to solution

@julie509, this thread was not about a Roku stick, but I'll give you the same response that I gave above yours:  You only get a link code after a factory reset, if at all.  Roku is moving to email activation where you'll never see a link code.

To factory reset:  https://support.roku.com/article/208757008-How-to-factory-reset-before-returning-selling-or-gifting

0 Kudos
julie509
Level 7

Jump to solution

Oh sorry. I must admit I am baffled and I usually find this stuff easy!  I connected my roku stick and it is not showing on my input list. I am sure I connected it properly, so what's next? If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Jump to solution

@julie509, ok, so that's a completely different issue.  You should probably start a new thread, but let's clear up a few things.  You have the stick connected to an HDMI input on your TV, right?  You're using the supplied USB power adapter, right?  The issue is nothing displays on your TV?  There should be a light on the stick that illuminates when you connect the power.  Using the TV's remote control look for a button labeled Input, or Source, or A/V and press it and cycle through all the possibilities.

If I'm misunderstanding things start a new thread with the issue clearly stated.

0 Kudos