Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shetland0716
Level 7

Taking UK Roku to Croatia?

Jump to solution

I have a Roku 3 box which I use in the UK. I'm going on holiday and wondered if I can take it to use in my holiday rental apartment connected to their TV and wifi? Will it work?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Taking UK Roku to Croatia?

Jump to solution
Netflix and YouTube tend to work just about anywhere, however, many channel providers have geo-restrictions in place that do not allow their channels to function in unsupported regions on the Roku platform. 

If you have a question about availability of any particular channel or service, you will need to contact that channel/service provider directly to see if they offer their channel (app) and services on the Roku platform in the area you will be located. Hope that helps! 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
trekkeriii
Level 10

Jump to solution
"shetland0716" wrote:
I have a Roku 3 box which I use in the UK. I'm going on holiday and wondered if I can take it to use in my holiday rental apartment connected to their TV and wifi? Will it work?

Thanks

You will be limited, it'll work, but just not the same. Amazon or other mainstream channels likely won't work. BBC channels definitely won't.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution
Netflix and YouTube tend to work just about anywhere, however, many channel providers have geo-restrictions in place that do not allow their channels to function in unsupported regions on the Roku platform. 

If you have a question about availability of any particular channel or service, you will need to contact that channel/service provider directly to see if they offer their channel (app) and services on the Roku platform in the area you will be located. Hope that helps! 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos