Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LindaP
Level 7

TV broke down!

I lost my TV and cannot afford to get another one. How do I fix Roku so I can watch it on an Asus tablet (Android) and my computer. THank you so much for any help!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: TV broke down!

Most things you watch on your Roku can be watched via downloaded apps for your tablet..

Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, MLB, and many others have decided Android apps.

That's your best bet.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Roku players can only connect to devices with HDMI inputs (and a couple of older models had composite output). Unless you have a tablet or computer with an HDMI input, there's no way to watch a Roku on them. Very few PCs or tablets (if any) have such inputs. You could add a video capture card to a PC, but I think a new TV would cost less. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Chicken
Level 7

If you have a free ROKU account to sign into, (all roku owners have this free account to use their roku device, free to sign up even if you have no roku, I believe) you can access the ROKU channel at http://www.therokuchannel.com from your android or computer browser.

It didn't work for me, as most things ROKU normally fail in some aspect, but supposedly it does work and maybe it will for you! Smiley Happy

However, I am able to watch the roku free channel using my roku android remote app, perhaps you can too!  I'm not sure if you must have a functioning ROKU device nearby but try the lower left button once the app opens.  I'll be surprised if it actually works but why not try?
0 Kudos