Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msjackson
Level 7

TV 43" LG UP8000 doesn't recognize HDMI3 for Roku stick. Do I need to dwnld app?

I just got a new TV 43" LG UP8000 and it doesn't recognize the HDMI3 port so I can plug in my Roku stick. It is an older stick. I now have a new password for my Roku account, but I don't know which app to download on the TV or if I need to buy a new app? Can anyone help? I could not contact anyone at Roku about this.  I not totally incompetent, but these new TV are intimidating. Please e-mail me at msjackson4@gmail.com.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
Strega
Level 16

Re: TV 43" LG UP8000 doesn't recognize HDMI3 for Roku stick. Do I need to dwnld app?

I've never used an app on a TV to connect something to it.  Since you say the TV doesn't recognize HDMI3, perhaps try 1 or 2 as a debugging aid.

By the way, when you say "older stick" - how old?  Do you have the model number?  It's not purple is it? (That one uses a MHL port but people plug it into HDMI because they look very much the same.)

0 Kudos