Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IceMan76
Reel Rookie

Switching Amazon Accounts - How To Get Roku Device Code?

I was forced to switch to a new Amazon account due to hacks against my old account.  I need to get the Roku code to register the Roku device (attached to TV) in the new Amazon account.  I have Roku Premiere model 3920X operating on a local wifi network.  We can currently view Amazon Prime Video series on the TV, which are left over from the old account I think.  When we try to add a new series, the PIN that we put in on the TV screen to pay for it isn't accepted.  

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Switching Amazon Accounts - How To Get Roku Device Code?

You're going have to delete the prime app, then add it back, now sign up with your new credentials. You know if you purchased anything under your old account it won't be available on the new, you'll have to repurchase it. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
IceMan76
Reel Rookie

We did that: the old Amazon account is on my PC using my email address; the new account is on my wife's PC using her email address.  We had to reset the Roku device and reinstall it so that it generated the 6-character code that Amazon was looking for to register the Roku device (and TV), 

We also found out about losing our purchase history, etc. on Amazon.  Amazon helped us and they may pay us for any bogus charges, but they aren't I/T service providers.  Compromised passwords due to malware or whatever occur too frequently for them to invest scores of hrs. each customer.

Thanks for your input.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

You don't have to factory reset a Roku to delete one app, you highlight the app on the home screen, press the option * key, scroll to remove. 

Edmund

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

To change to a different Prime account all you have to do is sign out of the Prime app on your Roku, then sign back in.

In the menu across the top of the page click the icon that looks like a gear at the far right.  You can sign out via the bottom item in the menu that appears on the left.

After you've signed out, go back to the "gear" and sign in.  This will give you the code you need.  Use your wife's computer with the new Amazon account to log in and enter this code.

If you have more than one Roku, I suspect you'll have to do this on each of them.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
IceMan76
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the very specific solution for  my Roku problem.  It is the best input that I received. I would "Accept As Solution", but we already had a person from Geek Squad fix the problem: he reset and then reinstalled the Roku device.  Not elegant, but it worked.   

0 Kudos