Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anjay723

Switching Accounts on Device

Jump to solution

Hello,

I received a Roku device from a previous owner. The device was activated and linked to his account. So I made my own account and had the device unlinked from his. But I can't find where to generate a link code on the Roku device to link to my account. Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Switching Accounts on Device

Jump to solution

Try a factory reset.  Depending on version, it should then either give you a code or ask you for an email.  (The latter is more common these days.)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Try a factory reset.  Depending on version, it should then either give you a code or ask you for an email.  (The latter is more common these days.)

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Adding on to @Strega's reply:

Factory reset is accessed via Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset. This will clear out the unit's memory and you'll then have to set it up again as though it were a new unit right out of the box. If doing this to try to correct a problem with an existing account, save this as a last resort since you'll have to set the Roku up all over again, including linking it to your Roku account and logging back into any channels whose subscriptions require logins.

• IMPORTANT! When linking your device you may be directed to go to roku.com/link. If so, type this in very carefully. Verify that you actually do go there. Otherwise you can end up at a scammer's fake Roku site.  You may then be directed to go to a different website or call a phone number.  They may request you to pay bogus charges (Roku does not charge to set up a Roku) and will collect your payment information to use as they wish. If you end up at ANY site other than the https://my.roku.com/link ), back out and try again.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos