Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mjcaamano
Level 7

Swapping Roku Ultra to different TV

Jump to solution

Hey all, 

I recently received a Roku Ultra as a gift and set it up in my living room.  Upon learning about the private listening through headphones connected to the remote, I realized it would make a ton more sense in the bedroom as me and my girlfriend have different schedules, which often has her going to sleep much earlier.

My question is: How do I link the Roku and remote to the bedroom tv so I can use the Roku remote to turn the tv on/off and control the volume? There was no initial set up when I switched it to the new tv, and was debating just doing a reset, but wanted to check before I did that.

Thanks!

tldr: linked Roku to wrong tv at first, want to know how to switch to new tv and have remote properly linked

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Swapping Roku Ultra to different TV

Jump to solution

With roku transplanted to the bedroom, and tuned to on the BR tv, go into the roku settings> remote & devices> remote in use> set up for tv control> follow prompts. 

See more here: https://support.roku.com/article/115013019828-how-do-i-set-up-my-roku-enhanced-remote-to-control-my-...

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

With roku transplanted to the bedroom, and tuned to on the BR tv, go into the roku settings> remote & devices> remote in use> set up for tv control> follow prompts. 

See more here: https://support.roku.com/article/115013019828-how-do-i-set-up-my-roku-enhanced-remote-to-control-my-...

Edmund

View solution in original post

Gregory2
Level 7

Jump to solution

How do I set my Roku up in a different bedroom. I've hooked it up my cant get my Roku remote to work.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

You shouldn't have to do anything.  Does it still work in the original location?

0 Kudos