Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kzegarelli
Level 7

Subscription

I am setting up my new Roku and it says I have to transfer my subscription management for existing subscriptions to Roku. If I transfer my Netflix and Hulu will I still be able to use them on devices without Roku?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Subscription

That's the first time I've ever heard of this.  Are you certain when you linked your device you went to https://roku.com/link?  There's a lot of scams out there, so I'm always suspicious when something sounds out of the ordinary.  There's advantages to not having your subscriptions paid through Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Subscription

I am suspicious as well.   But more to the point, if you subscribed to these services directly with these services (and I think that's the only way to subscribe to Netflix) you will want to continue with these current subscriptions if you want to use them with all devices that support them.

I have subscriptions to four paid services (Netflix, Hulu, Prime, Acorn), all made directly with the services, not through Roku, and I can view them on all my devices, including my Rokus.  Admittedly I have no direct knowledge of premiums subscribed-to via third party providers like Roku, but I believe these would only be viewable via the third party provider - someone will be glad to jump on me with both feet if this is wrong.

The only way I can envision needing to move a subscription would be if you made it through a third party provider like a cable or satellite company and you no longer have that cable or satellite account and can no longer view the channel.

Doug
Roku Community Streaming Expert  I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos