Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ameratom
Level 7

Stuck on boot screen

Brand new Roku Ultra.

Just finished the onscreen setup and activated.
It seemed to have restarted on it's own and now it's stuck at the Roku startup screen and it won't boot.  It just sits there with Roku letters bouncing around.  
I tried to do a hard reset by holding down the reset button on the bottom of the device. All it did was restart the device and brings up the same screen with the Roku logo bouncing around.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: Stuck on boot screen

Try holding in the reset button for at least 30 seconds while ignoring anything happening onscreen.

0 Kudos
ameratom
Level 7

I tried that. The light on the box will blink rapidly and it will restart....and it brings me right back to the same Roku boot screen and won't go any further.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@ameratom 

Thanks for the posts.

If you are not able to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos