Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ameratom

Stuck on boot screen

Brand new Roku Ultra.

Just finished the onscreen setup and activated.
It seemed to have restarted on it's own and now it's stuck at the Roku startup screen and it won't boot.  It just sits there with Roku letters bouncing around.  
I tried to do a hard reset by holding down the reset button on the bottom of the device. All it did was restart the device and brings up the same screen with the Roku logo bouncing around.

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Stuck on boot screen

Try holding in the reset button for at least 30 seconds while ignoring anything happening onscreen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
ameratom

I tried that. The light on the box will blink rapidly and it will restart....and it brings me right back to the same Roku boot screen and won't go any further.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@ameratom 

Thanks for the posts.

If you are not able to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Epicjrny
Reel Rookie

Re: Stuck on boot screen same problem

I have the same problem with a 4800-K. On the support exchange page it says the serial # on the bottom is not a valid serial #. I can't find where to PM you. Can you help me get this unit exchanged?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Epicjrny, while you're waiting to hear from @RokuDanny-R , have you pressed and held the reset button for no less than 30 seconds with the power connected?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Epicjrny
Reel Rookie

Yes sir. I have sold and installed over 100 of the 4K ultra and this one just won't boot. @RokuDanny-R sent my request to support. 

Thanks for responding!

0 Kudos
cshen
Reel Rookie

Same problem here.  I have a 4800X that is stuck on the boot with dancing letters and the front light is solid on.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @cshen

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

Could you tell us how you are powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. This means your Roku player will be up and running faster than it would be connected to a TV.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,

Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
tekieley
Reel Rookie

This is all I get:

0 Kudos