Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
midd
Level 8

Re: Stuck on Roku load screen

My Roku 4 started doing this today.  we have no Switch and i don't use wifi for my Roku

0 Kudos
midd
Level 8

I pulled the SD card out of my unit, plugged it back in and it worked. maybe a coincidence but working now

b609a1
Level 7

Hold the reset button in for as long as it takes to reset

0 Kudos
Dwayde
Level 9

Here it is a year after the initial post and not a single help from ROKU. I have this today on my streaming stick in a TV that never had an issue. Even hard reset doesn't work I've gone thru the setup process 8x now over multiple hours and days. So frustrating. Never buy another Roku product again as long as I live. I suggest everyone pass on the same to friends. 

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Dwayde 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? How are you powering the Roku device?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Dwayde
Level 9

Well I stand corrected. Using the streaming stick in a TV HDMI, it plugs into a socket for power. Id been using it without issue until last week. It just loops from setup screen. After a factory reset, and at the end of setup, when it finishes downloading it's updates it restarts itself and gets stuck at the bouncing ROKU logo screen. After some time it goes back to the start of the setup again, "select your language". I did it more times than I care to admit lol before accepted it's an endless loop.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Do you have another USB power adapter you can try from a phone or tablet?  Preferably one that can supply at least 1 Amp.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Psychop1
Level 8

@RokuDanny-R  are you kidding us? Look at the thread. You guys are really going to feign like you care now?

Dwayde
Level 9

Tried it. Same deal. Power isn't an issue it's always been getting enough power. Roku support actually told me to try changing the remote batteries hahha. I can't even comprehend that response. Brand new batteries people. I won't be back for another Roku product. For any reading this I highly recommend returning the product if you can and never looking back! 

Dwayde
Level 9

Agreed. It's criminal roku is getting away with this. Clearly nothing happened to the tv or device, it wasn't even used for a week or more, so Roku's updates or something has clearly bricked the device. Here is a link to the video of it happening shared using Samsung link share:

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/hFzpy5JtPUUU

0 Kudos