Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Stuck on Roku load screen

Today all my roku's in the house are stuck on the load page playing the little song over and over while the roku letters are dancing. Help please
41 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Stuck on Roku load screen

Thank you for posting this I am having same problem. 

Highlighted
Level 7

That's odd. I have the same problem here. We were using it an hour ago and now suddenly it won't work.

Edit: It's the Roku 3 that was showing the problem, the Roku 2s never did. We've rebooted it, rebooted the router, unplugged both for several minutes, the whole dog and pony show.

Edit 2: We got the Roku 3 working by doing a hard reset: Paperclip in the reset button in the back, we had to do that twice before it worked, then we had to go through the whole set-up process again.

Edit 3: (~2 hours later) Well... This is weird.

So, we reset the Roku, set up all of our settings again (lovely) and it worked for a bit. Then we changed tv channels to play X-box for a few hours and when we went back to the Roku, it was stuck on the loading screen again. 

We just this moment read a thing that said the new Pokemon Sword/Shield game on the Switch (which we bought today for the oldest spawn) was somehow affecting the Roku and to put the Switch into Airplane mode. So we tried that... And now the Roku inexplicably works. o_o  So... that's weird. If it fails on us again, I'll update.

Highlighted
Level 7

Did the router reset work for you? We have a Roku 2 with the same issue.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Mine did the same thing. I am reluctant to do the reset as I will lose all my settings ☹

Highlighted
Level 8

My Roku 3 is also stuck on the load screen. I've tried rebooting it three times. The I tried the hard reset twice. Still nothing. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

All my rokus are doing the same thing I did the hard reset and it let me re link the device but went back the load screen again. Was there an update today that may have caused this?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Roku stick here. Same problem. WTG roku. Always something with you guys.
Highlighted
Level 7

Same here.  3 Roku 3's all stuck on the load screen.

Worked 3/3  Rapid fire click the reset button while everything is plugged in.  (I did like 30 times)  Roku will reboot properly.

Highlighted
Level 7

Edit 3: (~2 hours later) Well... This is weird.

So, we reset the Roku, set up all of our settings again (lovely) and it worked for a bit. Then we changed tv channels to play X-box for a few hours and when we went back to the Roku, it was stuck on the loading screen again. 

We just this moment read a thing that said the new Pokemon Sword/Shield game on the Switch (which we bought today for the oldest spawn) was somehow affecting the Roku and to put the Switch into Airplane mode. So we tried that... And now the Roku inexplicably works. o_o  So... that's weird. If it fails on us again, I'll update.