Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TroubleinNJ
Reel Rookie

Stuck on ROKU Setup screen

I'm unable to access the ROKU menu. When I turn on my tv the ROKU is stuck on the bouncing letter screen. I have tried various things to resolve including changing the HDMI cord, resetting the 4K unit, unplugging and plugging back in, and ensuring the wifi works. Is there anything I haven't tried?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Stuck on ROKU Setup screen

Hi @TroubleinNJ

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
TroubleinNJ
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the prompt reply. It is being powered via an outlet and the problem persists. Of note it was working fine until recently and I’ve made no changes to tv settings or hdmi ports SN is S07P41CFYSME should that be helpful 

0 Kudos
Alex904

Hello Roku, 

I am having same trouble. My Express 4K + is stuck on bouncing letters screen. 
SN:  S07P21AX3S67.  I’ve followed all the troubleshoot section advice. Factory reset has not cured the problem.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@TroubleinNJ @Alex904

Thanks for the post.

If you are already powering the Roku device through the wall outlet, we would recommend proceeding with these troubleshooting steps:
-power down/disconnect your wireless network
-reboot your Roku device to see if it gets past the Roku screen
-if you are able to get past the Roku screen, reconnect/power up your wireless network again

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos