Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Stuck in bouncing Roku logo

Stuck in bouncing Roku logo. I moved my Roku Premiere model 4630x to another room to different tv. 

I tried reset button and light blinked fast on Roku but goes back to the animation.  Also unplugged everything and waited but once plugged all in same.  I tried it many times so maybe broken.  Any suggestion?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: Stuck in bouncing Roku logo

Have you checked the strength of your WiFi signal in the room to which you've moved your Roku?

It could be that it isn't finding a signal strong enough to connect.

I'd try moving it back to the previous room and see if it behaves normally there.

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

@kkeeper wrote:

Stuck in bouncing Roku logo. I moved my Roku Premiere model 4630x to another room to different tv. 

I tried reset button and light blinked fast on Roku but goes back to the animation.  Also unplugged everything and waited but once plugged all in same.  I tried it many times so maybe broken.  Any suggestion?

Thanks

The 4630 has an SD card slot. Any chance you have a card inserted? If so, eject it and it will probably complete booting. 

A hard reset requires holding the button for a minimum of 30 seconds, regardless of what is happening on screen. That's a last resort thing to do, since you have to set everything back up, but it sometimes does the trick.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

No SD card in it. Never used it. Tried 30+ seconds too. Same logo bouncing. 

0 Kudos
Level 21

@kkeeper wrote:

No SD card in it. Never used it. Tried 30+ seconds too. Same logo bouncing. 

If that's the case, the Roku is probably defective. I believe they still have a one year warranty, so you could contact @RokuDanny-R for assistance. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.