Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike6
Level 7

Stuck during setup

So I go through discovering my connection and get check marks fo both but then it just freezes and won't go any further?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Mike6
Level 7

Re: Stuck during setup

Too be clear, I get check marks next to "wireless connection" and "internet connection" but top of that box continues to say "checking...." I let it stay there for a couple of hours yesterday while I was gone to see if it did something but nothing. RnBLQgtET0qC3BHk8BH1lA.jpg

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Stuck during setup

Hi there, 

Thanks for the note. I'd recommend unplugging both your Roku device and your wireless router from power for a few minutes, then trying to go through setup again.

If that still isn't clearing up the issue, try connecting your device to a different wireless network to see if you encounter the same issue, such as a mobile hotspot. If you don't encounter the same issue, it's possible that something in your wireless network configuration is preventing your device from connecting properly. You may need to follow up with your ISP to examine your router's settings. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos