Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DHV

Streaming stick + and long range wireless receiver

Jump to solution

I’m interested in purchasing the streaming stick plus but was wondering if it can be used without the long range wireless extender? In other words, would it work with just the stick in the HDMI port if range is not an issue?  Thanks!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Streaming stick + and long range wireless receiver

Jump to solution

@DHV 

Thanks for the inquiry.

The advanced wireless receiver is alway recommended to be plugged in at all times as it helps the device not only detect your wireless network signal, it assists with connecting your remote to the device.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Streaming stick + and long range wireless receiver

Jump to solution

@DHV 

Thanks for the inquiry.

The advanced wireless receiver is alway recommended to be plugged in at all times as it helps the device not only detect your wireless network signal, it assists with connecting your remote to the device.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Helpless

Re: Streaming stick and long range wireless receiver

Jump to solution

My original Roku is about 4 years old. We had a power outage the other day and since then, it won't work. I keep getting an error 022 saying wireless received not detected and talking about the long range wireless receiver, but this one didn't come with a long range wireless receiver (my new one in another room did).  Can anyone help or do I need to replace this one? 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Streaming stick and long range wireless receiver

Jump to solution

@Helpless, what's the model number written on the device?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos