Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lgonzales
Level 7

Streaming on Roku 2, but connects to Ultra?

Recently got a ultra and we already have a Roku 2. I’ve noticed when I try to stream on our Roku 2 it automatically connects to the new ultra!? I even got a different stream app but still connects to the ultra!? Any help on how to add my old Roku 2 back to stream?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Streaming

@Lgonzales wrote:

Recently got a ultra and we already have a Roku 2. I’ve noticed when I try to stream on our Roku 2 it automatically connects to the new ultra!? I even got a different stream app but still connects to the ultra!? Any help on how to add my old Roku 2 back to stream?

What do you mean by stream? Are you casting something like YouTube from a phone? When you do that you have to select the destination player, so perhaps they both have the same visible name. You can name your devices on your Roku user account site (https://my.roku.com). 

There's no way to control one Roku and have the content appear on a different Roku. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos