Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MHomeTV

Re: Streaming Stick - not connected

Jump to solution

Hi Danny, 

I am exactly same issue. How can I send you my details? I could not find anywhere I can PM you to help. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@MHomeTV

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with more information about the issue you are experiencing? Have you already tried rebooting your wireless network? Have you tried changing the wireless channel of you router? To check if you are able to connect to a wireless network, have you tried connecting your Roku device to an alternate network such as a mobile hotspot to see if it can connect?

In addition, check out some wireless troubleshooting tips on our Support page here: Tips for improving the wireless connection to your Roku® streaming device

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Avroair

Jump to solution

I am experiencing the same thing. We went away for Thanksgiving and came back and the Roku won't connect to the Newtown or a phone Hotspot. 

0 Kudos
bruceds
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have 3 Roku Streaming sticks, two needing line of sight to teach remote, the other being a Long Rang Wifi 4K stick. The first two work well. This last one that I bought recently from Roku does not work. The connections are good and the WiFi is strong. The issue is that the remote does not operate. I pushed the little button near the battery on the remote and the pairing connection was made after 15 minutes of waiting. None of the button pushes work. I brought the remote within inches of the HDMI connected streaming device but nothing works. The screen st on the wifi and I waited another 15 minutes to have the wifi password entry screen pop up. The remote will not move the alphabet selector. Please help. Is the unit as delivered defective or what? SKU# 3820R SN: S08Y41AL8H9K

0 Kudos
bruceds
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Shouldn't the Roku screen appear and the Remote should move the selector regardless of the wifi? I will check as you suggested though. Thanks for your response

0 Kudos
bruceds
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I moved the direct-view Roku to the TV that that didn't work with the wifi Roku and connected the wifi Roku to the other TV. Both now work fine. Incidentally the setup screen worked with no wifi. Maybe it was the HDMI connection with the first TV.

0 Kudos
dawnzerlv
Channel Surfer

Streaming Stick - not connected & can't link to Remoku

Jump to solution

Who can I contact about my issue? I get the home page and "Not Connected" message as well. I am unable to link the device to my remoku remote on my android. When I try to do it on my PC I do not receive a code on the tv screen. I have taken the stick out and back in. (Yes, I do not have the original remote)

The stick worked previously. I have not changed my internet connection since we had it installed years ago. I downloaded the Remoku on my phone and it found my other device (linked to a separate account). I typed in my android's IP address and it still cant find it. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Streaming Stick - not connected & can't link to Remoku

Jump to solution

@dawnzerlv 

From your post, you are having issues apart from Remoku. Since Remoku isn't from Roku, that's a third-party app and should remain outside the scope of this thread. Let's get your Roku device working properly first.

What is the model number of your Roku Stick? What is the Roku Software version?

When did things stop working? Anything else happen around that time? Lightning strike? Batteries in the remote dying? Anything?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
dawnzerlv
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Gotcha. I just do not have a remote or info on it. So, another question would be how to use it without a remote. 

It is a purple stick. Serial # 2L647T059476 (I do not have any other information). We just got another TV so we want to put this Roku in the other room. 

No lightning strikes. Our other Roku (different model) works on both TVs. This stick has power going to it and the home screen pops up. 

0 Kudos
dawnzerlv
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It has power going to it from the cord that came with it. I see that it is on since the light on the stick blinks and the home screen shows the Roku menu on the TV. It worked the last time we used it about a year ago when our tv stopped working so I put it in the cabinet. 

0 Kudos