Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Streaming Stick issue

Power on/off didn't work with Streaming Stick+ in the Bedroom from the start (could be 2139AH067490- 50% shot; I didn't keep both boxes).  That was OK.  Lost volume control about 10 days ago.  After wife harrassment started trying to fix this.  Did-re-pairing, unplugging, videos, articles, went through the "is the music playing" course, all multiple times.  Did not switch remotes; would it f things up more?  I've got volume control, but the ROKU remote and tv remote takes 10 minutes (literally) to come on; circle  spinning around.  Again, no 1-800, no chat, no email (been discontinued), no other help except from the "community" where I'm a troller and recommend competitors, and someone else suggested my IQ was 47.  It is not.  I also have an Aerospace Engineer (smart dude) as a son-in law and ROKU user; he can't solve this.

Sorry for the abrasiveness, but it's a crazy time sink that shouldn't be.  Please advise.  Thanks  

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: BBB here i come

DooD you are incredibly incoherent.

You sound maniacal. You rush through your posts with what turns out to be rants.

Youre all over the place. [post edited]

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
Highlighted
Level 9

I thought it was clear.  When I had the Stick originally the power on/off never worked.  I lived with it.  Then the volume control went (because of ROKU's late April update??).  So I tried to fix it so that my remote would control the power and volume (doesn't seem too much to ask).  So, I tried to get help.  I got it mostly back to where it was (no on/off control) but it takes literally 10 minutes for the TV power to come on.  That's my problem.    

My frustration = No phone number.  No online chat.  No CS e-mail. So I hit the videos and the articles, and tried everything 3-4 times.  Didn't work.  Started Sunday, and it's Thursday.  WHAT WOULD YOU DO??  Then I was told my problem was my IQ was 47.  It's not, yet I'm a braggart for stating I'm not a moron.  So, again, what would you do??

You can help or not.  Would appreciate any help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Ok so your remote is not controlling the TV well.

Go to

Settings/Remotes & devices/Remote/Set up Remote for TV control>>

Are the batterys strong?

Also you may have something blocking the TV reception for the remote.

Anything along the bottom might be in the way.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Remotes-Accessories/bd-p/remotes-accessories

It might be a funky remote worse things have happened. Do you know the specific Model number?

Good Luck let us know

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Tried all of those suggestions earlier, to no avail.  I've got it working about 50% of the time, which makes no sense but I'll live with it.  

Appreciate the patience and help.  thanks.