Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Stopping and restarting a streaming program?

I am absolutely new to Roku, having just installed it yesterday.  In my explorations it does not appear when I am watching something to be able to stop the program, go get a sandwich, and restart when I return. So far the stream restarts at the beginning, after commercials again.

I do not know if this is a Roku issue, or if it is specific to the content provider (Crackle, Vudu, Hulu, etc.).  This is such a basic feature I am sure it exists, but I have not been able to figure out how to interrupt the stream and then restart where I was.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Stopping and restarting a streaming program?

Keeping track of your location in a partly-viewed program when you exit it is a function of the channel.  Some give you the Resume option, some don't.

But all of them should allow you to pause and resume as long as you don't actually exit the program.  Your remote should have a pause/resume button with markings like this: 

►║

I hope these characters reproduce okay on your display.  They are a right-pointing triangle and two parallel vertical lines.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos