Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thailen
Level 7

Starting from Scratch - Part II

After some last-minute housekeeping, I found what I hoped were all the Roku components I need to get started - provided I have everything else. I have a remote(with Netflix,Disney, Hulu and Sling buttons),a curved case 1 .1/2" x 2 1/2" case Model3930x and a Roku switching USB adapter plug. Can I run an HDMI cable from my PC to the Model3930x and a phone connector from the model to the USB outlet on the adapter? Will that enable me to operate the remote on my HDTV and access the Roku Channel? If not, what?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
Strega
Level 16

Re: Starting from Scratch - Part II

Plug an HDMI cable from the Roku to the TV, plug the Roku into a USB cable to the power adapter and plug the power adapter into the wall. Switch the TV to the input you connected.  (The TV might do that automatically.)  The cables you need come in the box as well as little instruction book that says what I said with perhaps a bit more detail.

If at any point, you get a website that tells you you have to call someone - don't.  (That's a scam website that some people get while looking for roku,com.)

0 Kudos