Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jerome1
Level 7

Start up code for Roku1

We bought a new Roku1. We can not get a set up code. We went through all of the set up questions but no code.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Start up code for Roku1

@Jerome1 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Are you trying to obtain a link code to activate your Roku device?

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can obtain a link code and finish setting up your Roku device. Then once your device has been setup, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Keep us posted with what you find out. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
LerJack
Level 7

Re: Start up code for Roku1

Hi Danny,

I'm experiencing this now. My Roku 1 device does not give start up code after making wireless connection. After making wireless connection, it's my understanding that next step should be that device produces a start up code. Instead the device cycles through another setup sequence starting with selecting a language. I've reset the Roku 1. I've also reset my router which not sure why it would be an issue since the wireless connection & SW update seem to be successful (i.e. I don't receive any error codes). I'm going to now try to use the A/V cables included since I've read on other threads that the HDMI cable used was problematic. Not sure how cable is issue if wireless connection & SW updates are successful, but I'll give it a shot.

0 Kudos