Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gaffar1
Level 7

Speaker Option is missing in settings

Hello Sir,

I have been using Roku streaming stick + for a while and I was trying to pair the Roku with a JBL Bluetooth speaker, but some of the options are missing.

In Settings > Remotes and Devices > Pair a New Device > only "Remote" option is available and I dont see anything. Then I try to install the Bluetooth app, but I am not able to find it in "Äpp" menu".

Could you please provide me the steps to fix it?

Thanks,

Gaffar

0 Kudos
4 Replies
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Speaker Option is missing in settings

No Roku player has Bluetooth capabilities. The very old Roku 2 XS had a Bluetooth remote, but it wasn't capable of connecting to remote speakers. You cannot connect your Roku Stick to anything wirelessly, other then the remote it came with and your WiFi network.

Roku TVs have the ability to wirelessly connect to a Roku Soundbar and remote speakers, but that is exclusive to the TV models, and doesn't work with players. I don't know if the Roku Soundbar uses BT to connect to the TV, or if it's using WiFi Direct as the remotes do.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Tivoburkee
Level 20

The roku Soundbar connects to the tv by hdmi, since it has roku streamer built-in and has to send audio & video to the tv. And it responds to both IR & wifi remote signals.  But Roku Soundbar has Bluetooth, but its a receiver not a transmitter it won't send sound to BT speakers. It can receive BT signals from a cellphone or tablet so you listen to music through the soundbar. 

Edmund
Gaffar1
Level 7

Thanks for your response

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

Your streaming stick sends its picture and sound to the tv via the HDMI connection. You need to find a way to connect your JBL to the tv.

Or are you just trying to occasionally use the JBL for private listening just of the stuff on the Roku? The Roku app for mobile devices has a provision for remote listening. If you install it on a bluetooth equipped phone or tablet that is connected to the same net as your Roku you should be able to pair your JBL to the remote device and use the remote listening capability of the Roku app through your speaker.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos