Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Sound system

I have a Phillips 4K tv and use Roku Premier. Also have a Vizio sound system with bar, woofer and 2 speakers. 

Sometimes the woofer and speakers don’t join up with the rest on Roku apps like Hulu Live. 

Any suggestions for Roku audio settings that anyone recommends?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Sound system

I guess no one knew good settings to use on Roku Premier for sound systems Smiley Sad lol

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Roku remotes only control tv's, its up to the Tv to control the Audio device via hdmi-cec. Go in to the menu of the tv refresh the cec devices, it might be called something else depending on the brand of tv. The sound bar needs to be connected to audio out on the tv, these include the hdmi-ARC, or Optical output. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks for the reply. 

Yeah I have my sound system set up on HDMI Arc and have the tv audio settings off because that’s what the instructions said to do.

Just didn’t know in term of Dolby Digital, etc settings on the Roku Premier audio settings I should use. 

Thanks again. 

0 Kudos