Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Sony TV does not detect ROKU streaming stick is in HDMI when turned on

When I turn on my SONY Bravia TV it does not detect that the ROKU streaming Stick + is in HDMI 1. It lists no input in HDMI 1.  If I use the TV remote and change the input from HDMI 1 to HDMI 2 and then back to HDMI 1, the TV detects and shows the ROKU screen.   I moved the ROKU stick to HDMI 2 and it does the same thing. 

16 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Sony TV does not detect ROKU streaming stick is in HDMI when turned on

I have the same issue...help?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Me too - exact same problem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@TRyan @JGinMA @Thanos 

Thanks for the inquiry.

How are you powering the Roku device? Is it plugged into the TV USB port or is plugged into a wall outlet with the provided cables?

We would recommend making sure the device is plugged into the wall as sometimes the TV cannot provide enough power to the device at all times.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have the same issue.  My roku is plugged into the same power strip as the tv.  I do not have this issue with my Samsung TV

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Simonen 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried using another HDMI port on the TV as well as switching out the HDMI cable used to connect the device?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I’m having the same issue. My Roku was working a few weeks ago now it’s nothing. It just saying no signal detected. I have reset the TV and the Roku haven’t been able to find a solution. I have the Sony Bravia TV. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@JAKOLANDER 

Thanks for the post.

How are you powering the device? Is it plugged into the TV USB port or is it connected to a wall out with the provided cable and adapter?

Have you tried using another HDMI port on the TV? For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried plugging the device into another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi, I’m having a similar issue. As I’m watching my Roku stick on my Sony Bravia television, the TV will suddenly stop displaying video and audio and display a No Input message. When I was watching with private listening through the Roku app, I was still able to hear what I was watching even though the No Signal message was displayed on my TV. If I turn the television on and off again, the signal will be restored for another half hour or less, until the problem reoccurs. I have a 3800RW running software version 9.3.0.4170 - this is a very irritating issue! Any help in resolving it would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

hi my Roku model:3920x SN:K42947185788

my SONY tv model no:KDL-40W900A

0 Kudos