Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Sony TV does not detect ROKU streaming stick is in HDMI when turned on

When I turn on my SONY Bravia TV it does not detect that the ROKU streaming Stick + is in HDMI 1. It lists no input in HDMI 1.  If I use the TV remote and change the input from HDMI 1 to HDMI 2 and then back to HDMI 1, the TV detects and shows the ROKU screen.   I moved the ROKU stick to HDMI 2 and it does the same thing. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Sony TV does not detect ROKU streaming stick is in HDMI when turned on

I have the same issue...help?

0 Kudos
Level 7

Me too - exact same problem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@TRyan @JGinMA @Thanos 

Thanks for the inquiry.

How are you powering the Roku device? Is it plugged into the TV USB port or is plugged into a wall outlet with the provided cables?

We would recommend making sure the device is plugged into the wall as sometimes the TV cannot provide enough power to the device at all times.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have the same issue.  My roku is plugged into the same power strip as the tv.  I do not have this issue with my Samsung TV

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Simonen 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried using another HDMI port on the TV as well as switching out the HDMI cable used to connect the device?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos