Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jshinds
Level 7

Someone in my rental logged into my Roku--how do I get rid of that email and use my own

Jump to solution

I own a rental. Someone must have logged me out of Roku because when I tried to add a channel using my.roku.com it said I would see the code on my tv. When I didn't see it, I discovered that my email is not associated with this account. I want to log them out and log in with my email. How do i do that?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Level 21

Re: Someone in my rental logged into my Roku--how do I get rid of that email and use my own

Jump to solution

They must have performed a factory reset.  You'll have to do the same to link it to your account.  There is no way to logout/login.  You should probably look into Guest Mode.

However, I'm a little confused by your statement, "I discovered that my email is not associated with this account".  I took that to mean that the email address that shows up under Settings->About isn't what you expect.  Is that correct or are you referring to something else?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
renojim
Level 21

Re: Someone in my rental logged into my Roku--how do I get rid of that email and use my own

Jump to solution

They must have performed a factory reset.  You'll have to do the same to link it to your account.  There is no way to logout/login.  You should probably look into Guest Mode.

However, I'm a little confused by your statement, "I discovered that my email is not associated with this account".  I took that to mean that the email address that shows up under Settings->About isn't what you expect.  Is that correct or are you referring to something else?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos