Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jshinds
Level 7

Someone in my rental logged into my Roku--how do I get rid of that email and use my own

Jump to solution

I own a rental. Someone must have logged me out of Roku because when I tried to add a channel using my.roku.com it said I would see the code on my tv. When I didn't see it, I discovered that my email is not associated with this account. I want to log them out and log in with my email. How do i do that?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Someone in my rental logged into my Roku--how do I get rid of that email and use my own

Jump to solution

They must have performed a factory reset.  You'll have to do the same to link it to your account.  There is no way to logout/login.  You should probably look into Guest Mode.

However, I'm a little confused by your statement, "I discovered that my email is not associated with this account".  I took that to mean that the email address that shows up under Settings->About isn't what you expect.  Is that correct or are you referring to something else?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Someone in my rental logged into my Roku--how do I get rid of that email and use my own

Jump to solution

They must have performed a factory reset.  You'll have to do the same to link it to your account.  There is no way to logout/login.  You should probably look into Guest Mode.

However, I'm a little confused by your statement, "I discovered that my email is not associated with this account".  I took that to mean that the email address that shows up under Settings->About isn't what you expect.  Is that correct or are you referring to something else?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos