Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Level 16

Re: SOLVED Re: Roku Alexa Skill

Jump to solution
"Dreamsayer" wrote:
I disconnected my current router. Hooked up an old Netgear WGR614 from the ole' hardware junk drawer. Set it up using the same SSID name and password as current. Confirmed Echo dot and Roku were connected to network. Ran the Alexa skill and VIOLA! It's connected and working now. Disconnected Netgear and put back my current Google WiFi router. Still works!!

I guess Amazon was correct about both devices needing to be on the same band. Either that or the Google WiFi mesh system is wonky!

I vote for door # 2  Smiley LOL
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
jpabello
Level 7

Re: SOLVED Re: Roku Alexa Skill

Jump to solution

My TCL Roku TV + Alexa Roku Skill setup works perfectly after a hard reboot. But after several hours, sometimes days, the Roku TV loses its internet connection (wired or wireless makes no difference), and as a result the Alexa Roku Skill cannot find my Roku TV on the network.  This wasn't happening until a couple of weeks ago, when my Roku TV downloaded a software update. Bandwidth Saver is turned off, and Fast TV Start is turned on. I suspect a bug in the Roku or TCL network stacks, which makes the TV lose its IP connection after a number of hours in standby mode. I would appreciate if Roku could file a bug on this and research a fix for the issue.  This should be considered a high-severity defect.

0 Kudos
mitz56
Level 7

Re: Roku Alexa Skill

Jump to solution
Im having the same issue. Says my device is set up, yet alexa cannot find it!
0 Kudos
RedHagar
Level 7

Jump to solution

Was this removed? When I search for Roku in the skills option, I find nothing. When I try to click on the help link in this thread, the support article has been removed! What's going on?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@RedHagar 

The Roku skill for Amazon Alexa is only currently supported in the US region, on US accounts & devices. If you are located in another region, this would explain why you don't currently see the skill and aren't able to view the support article for this feature. 

Feel free to share any thoughts or requests in the Suggest a feature section of the Community! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
RedHagar
Level 7

Jump to solution
Obviously, I would suggest adding support for Canada. You should adjust your advertising to reflect this in other countries as well. This is a major reason I bought the product.
0 Kudos
DoogyBoy
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have also tried many times. I have enabled the Roku skill using the instructions and still when I use command for Alexa it i says this skill is not enabled. 

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@DoogyBoy  Thanks for the note. Try following the steps listed here to help setup the Roku skill for Amazon Alexa: https://support.roku.com/article/360017961074-how-do-i-use-amazon-alexa-with-my-roku-streaming-devic...

If you need more help from there, you might try contacting Amazon support for more help enabling the skill within your Amazon settings. Please keep us posted! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos