Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audkit

Slow start? My Express is very slow to start up

Jump to solution

I have only before had this with Roku built in but recently bought a Roku Express for a tv I have. I'm used to my tvs Roku starting almost instantly but the hdmi plugged Express one takes a good 1 to 2 minutes before it will let the home page come up. I don't know if it matters but I unplug it between uses since I move my tv occasionally (it's small). Is this lag/wake up time normal?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Slow start? My Express is very slow to start up

Jump to solution

Yes.

Your TV was/is coming out of standby (already booted).

Your Express is turning on and booting up, etc.

Leave it powered on when you can so you dont have to deal with the bootup delay.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Yes.

Your TV was/is coming out of standby (already booted).

Your Express is turning on and booting up, etc.

Leave it powered on when you can so you dont have to deal with the bootup delay.

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Audkit 

Like @StreamerUser said, leave your Roku powered on. Use the included power supply, not the switched USB port on the TV.

Note that leaving the Roku powered means you'll want to use the HOME key to return to the home screen when you're done watching. If you are streaming, and you turn off the TV, Roku will keep streaming (unless it loses power, which a switched USB port will do).

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos