Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bsfenton
Level 7

Skip Intro - Roku Streaming Stick+

I purchased a Roku Streaming Stick+.  I have it connected to the HDMI port on the TV and powered by wall outlet.  Every time I start the Roku, the intro screen explains how to navigate.  I can bypass it by pressing the home button on the included remote, but I'd like it to boot to the home screen.  Is there any way to bypass this intro screen?  We don't need the navigation instructions every time we want to watch something.  I have looked at the settings and do not see an obvious way to disable this. 

Thank you for your help.  

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Skip Intro - Roku Streaming Stick+

I don't think I've ever seen that intro screen on any of my Rokus, including my Stick+.  Or if I have, it was only on the initial startup so long ago I don't recall it.

This sounds like it could be something stemming from operating in "store/demo" vs "home" mode.   But I don't recall store mode even being available on separate Roku devices, only on Roku TVs -- can anybody help confirm this?

Anyhow, on Roku TVs that have a store mode, this is something you choose when doing the initial configuration and I know of no way to change it later from the user interface.  The only way I know to change this is by doing a factory reset to wipe out stored information and set it up from scratch all over again, this time choosing home mode.  If you get desperate enough you could try this on your Stick+ and see if you get the store/home choice.

Doug
Roku Community Streaming Expert  I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos
Strega
Level 15

I have never seen this either. I assume you are routinely unplugging and replugging it from the wall to see this as my Roku never needs to "start" or "boot" except for power failures. ? (If not, I don't know where these starts/boots are coming from.)

The only other thing I can think of is that maybe you installed an unusual screen saver?

0 Kudos
bsfenton
Level 7

No - I have it plugged in and do not unplug it.  I began with it plugged into my TV USB port but read that this could be possibly caused from powering up every time the TV turns on, so I changed it to plug it into an outlet and the same thing happens.  I have not installed any screen savers or anything yet.  I've been using it to watch Netflix so far and haven't explored or changed anything else.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@bsfenton 

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide a screenshot of what you are seeing on screen when you boot up the Roku?

In addition, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Roninx
Level 7

Locate the channel called Roku Getting started among your channels. Once on top of it, click the * button on your remote control. On the menu that shows up chose "Remove channel". This is what worked for me.

0 Kudos