Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Redrum98
Reel Rookie

Should I buy 2 Roku devices for the 2 TV I have

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Should I buy 2 Roku devices for the 2 TV I have

Jump to solution

I would buy one Roku for each TV.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
DBDukes

Jump to solution

I would buy one Roku for each TV.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Redrum98
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks.

0 Kudos
rwadraa7
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I think you should have each Roku for a tv.   viva tv apk

bee tv

0 Kudos
rwadraa7
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Your account can have up to six authorized devices at the same time, including computers and Netflix ready devices.

website

official

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@rwadraa7 

That may be a Netflix restriction, but the original post never mentioned Netflix. It was about using Roku in general.

From my talking with family members -- I don't use Netflix myself, and rely on family members and news releases for current information about that service -- Netflix doesn't really enforce the number of devices authorized on the account, but they do restrict the number of simultaneous active streams. For example, a family member has over a dozen authorized devices on her account, but only encounters an issue if too many try to use it at the same time.

To the original post, I would still suggest one Roku per TV.

You could have more than one on a TV, but you would need to ensure that all are using WiFi Direct remotes, not IR remotes, otherwise the remote would control both at the same time.

I would not use a single device and move it from TV to TV. There is the risk of damaging the HDMI port from extensive use. There is the trouble of having to plug everything in each time you move it to another TV. As inexpensive as Roku devices are, I would suggest a Roku per TV if possible.

DBDukes

0 Kudos