Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cpollock87
Level 7

what do I do if it just stops right after the updating software? Its goes through the process then roku bounces on the screen and that's it? Please help

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Setup

Jump to solution

Some people with this problem have reported success by using a wifi hot spot on their mobile phone as the internet connection. If/when it completes the update successfully then they could switch it back to using their home wifi network.

If you don't have a phone hot spot available you could take it to a friend or neighbor's and try using their wifi for the update.

Note: this has not been universally successful, but many people have reported it worked for them.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

5 Replies
AvsGunnar
Level 10

Jump to solution

Try unplugging the unit and booting up again.  If fails to progress, do a factory reset.  Either press and hold the button for about 30sec or use a paperclip and depress reset button for 30 sec depending on model and try setting up again.

What Roku device/model are you having problem with?

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Some people with this problem have reported success by using a wifi hot spot on their mobile phone as the internet connection. If/when it completes the update successfully then they could switch it back to using their home wifi network.

If you don't have a phone hot spot available you could take it to a friend or neighbor's and try using their wifi for the update.

Note: this has not been universally successful, but many people have reported it worked for them.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

Carolina04
Level 7

Jump to solution

HI, 

I am having the same problem with a Roku Premiere 3920 2019 I just bought. It gets to update and then, it takes me back to the welcome page.  What to do in this case for this model

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Carolina04

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend checking out the troubleshooting steps provided by @makaiguy to see if that resolves the issue you are seeing.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Carolina04
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you! It worked with the hotspot.

0 Kudos