Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fattonymtb
Level 7

Setup stuck on language screen

I have a brand new Roku Express and it is stuck on the Let’s Get Started screen to select the language. 

I have tried the plug/unplug, take out/insert batteries steps and it doesn’t work. The remote will get the device to wake up from the bouncing screensaver screen but it won’t select a language to allow me to continue the setup process. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
Fattonymtb
Level 7

Re: Setup stuck on language screen

Update: got it working but I had to literally set the remote 2-3 inches from the front of the receiver for it to work.

7E879427-31C6-4373-8E0F-2232176FA8EC.jpeg

0 Kudos
sarpo11
Level 7

I have the same problem...cant even get to the language set up screen...cant get rid of the bouncing Roku screen saver...what to do???

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@sarpo11, first of all that's nothing like the "same problem".  You need to be more specific.  What's the "bouncing Roku screensaver"?  If you're speaking of the initial startup animation with the jumping/bouncing letters, that's not a screensaver.  If you're using your TV's USB port, use the supplied power adapter.  Otherwise, start a new thread giving as much detailed information as possible including the Roku model number that's written on it somewhere.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos