Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nospam555
Level 7

Setup Problem

How do you get rid of the box that always comes up with the text "Is the input connected to your TV"? There seems to be no way to switch between the two options to select, and no way to select the box for Don't show me this again. If the only app that will be used in the Xfinity app, is there some way to have it always start with the last channel watched rather than having to go into the xfinity app each time?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
nospam555
Level 7

Re: Setup Problem

Never mind on the first question, the dialog box was coming from the TV.

But how do you get the Roku Express to start in the xfinity app each time rather than having to go into the xfinity app and select a channel? Isn't there some way to have it start in the xfinity app at the last channel watched?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

Re: Setup Problem

@nospam555 wrote:

Never mind on the first question, the dialog box was coming from the TV.

But how do you get the Roku Express to start in the xfinity app each time rather than having to go into the xfinity app and select a channel? Isn't there some way to have it start in the xfinity app at the last channel watched?

No, there is no way to auto-start a channel when the Roku boots. As to how the Xfinity app works internally, I can't say, as I've never used it. If there is a way to have it auto-play the last channel watched, it would be within a menu in the app itself.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos